From managing client and stakeholder relationships to leading others and selling ideas upwards, influencing without formal authority is an essential skill for most job roles. Since effective influencing takes into account different perspectives, an organisation with skilled influencers promotes relationship building, trust, collaboration and co-operation.
Influencing Without Authority is part of our ‘in practice’ collection of ready-to-tailor programmes with a strong pragmatic focus. Workshops can be delivered as is, or act as a time and cost-efficient starting point for developing personalised learning for your organisation.
Collaborative organisations rely heavily upon influence, not authority. This fast-paced workshop will help your staff to construct pitches that present ideas well, overcome resistance and secure buy-in from others.
- Identify the traits and characteristics of effective influencing
- Explore how communication, rapport and empathy affect influencing
- Discover your style and become more versatile to other’s interests
- Apply nine strategies for influencing
- Exploit the principles of social psychology to super-charge influence
- Use questions to help overcome resistance.
One day (6 hours). Delivered in person and online (MS Teams, Zoom or Webex). Combine with a 3-hour negotiating skills workshop for rounded development. A 90-minute masterclass is also available in our ‘highlights’ series.
Made to Measure
This is what we typically cover, we’ll tailor this content to suit your needs!
Not quite what you were looking for? No problem!
Our experts can also blend exactly the right course for you.