Appraisals can be a challenging time for managers. As well as understanding the organisations’ approach to the process, managers have to be confident in having effective conversations that include evidence-based feedback, goal setting and discussions about ongoing development. And sometimes they have to do all that with staff who aren’t especially engaged with the appraisal process!
Appraisal Conversations is part of our ‘in practice’ collection of ready-to-tailor programmes with a strong pragmatic focus. Workshops can be delivered as is, or act as a time and cost-efficient starting point for developing personalised learning for your organisation.
Help your operational managers to build the confidence to have meaningful appraisal conversations that support staff engagement. Managers will leave this highly interactive one-day workshop knowing:
- The purpose and value of regular reviews
- Your organisation's approach to appraisals (tailored content)
- The best way to prepare for appraisals
- How to communicate in appraisals and ways to engage reluctant staff
- Strategies for managing feedback (in both directions)
- How to set collaborative goals/objectives
- How to talk about ongoing development.
One day (6 hours)
Made to Measure
This is what we typically cover, we’ll tailor this content to suit your needs!
Not quite what you were looking for? No problem!
Our experts can also blend exactly the right course for you.