Becoming a manager for the first time is a steep change for most people. It requires a shift from technical or role expertise to people expertise. These challenges are amplified when promotion occurs within a single organisation. Smart organisations are moving away from letting people ‘find their feet by themselves’ and are helping new and inexperienced managers develop essential skills.
Essential Skills For New Managers is one of our ready-to-tailor leadership programmes with a strong pragmatic focus. Workshops can be delivered as is, or act as a time and cost-efficient starting point for developing personalised learning for your organisation.
It’s widely accepted that staff engagement is most strongly influenced by the relationship with the immediate line manager. This lively, interactive and practical programme provides essential support to people managers. Managers will develop:
- Insight into the role of manager, and the importance of managing well
- Increased self-awareness
- Ideas and techniques for creating an inclusive working environment
- The confidence to delegate well to develop others
- Techniques to create a positive performance culture
- Skills to lead well and get the best out of their teams.
Duration: 4 x 4-hour workshops delivered virtually on a platform to suit you.