When the words and behaviours of our managers don’t match, staff pay more attention to their behaviours. In contrast, managers who ‘lead by example’ position themselves as credible and trustworthy. Many organisations promote talented staff to management roles with little or no support to develop their authentic leadership style. This programme is ideal for new managers or leaders with experience but no formal training.
Lead By Example is one of our multi-award-winning leadership programmes. With a strong pragmatic focus, the workshops can be delivered as is, or act as a time and cost-efficient starting point for developing personalised learning for your organisation.
Managers who role model leadership behaviours are able to create supportive, high-performing teams. Our highly interactive Lead By Example programme covers all the fundamentals a manager needs to lead others confidently:
- What is emotional intelligence and how to lead with it?
- How to engage people with different communication styles
- How and when to adapt leadership styles; from directing to coaching
- Motivate and develop colleagues
- How to have meaningful feedback conversations in a range of situations
- Cope with and lead others through periods of organisational change
- Support cognitive diversity in teams
- Manage unproductive conflict.
Duration: 5 x 6-hour workshops, plus a reunion session 3 months after completion.